Hello, I’m Macala.
I’m a woman who loves cowboy boots, bow hunting, traveling the backroads, and wide-open spaces. Growing up, my family managed a 1200-acre farm in Minnesota that was dedicated to livestock and crop production. Like many girls who grow up in small towns, my mother longed for a city life so she moved us when she had a chance.
While cities were exciting, I found they never really suited me. My heart was always homesick for the wide-open spaces I’d been raised on. In 2015, I couldn’t deny my heart any longer; I left life in large cities and began to explore small towns in Washington. This last fall, as I was walking a trail I’d ventured down so many times with my dogs along the Tolt River in Carnation, Washington, I finally decided to scale back the company I’d built to focus on the three things I truly loved to do –– farming, food and storytelling.
Why? Because I realized that the global conversations surrounding food, farming and health weren’t getting any easier to understand. In fact, they were getting more confusing due to misinformation and lack of quality research being published online. And because many writers had never ventured outside of metropolitan areas, that writing only held a singular point of view. I saw that many good farms, food producers, agricultural, health and wellness companies were struggling to tell their stories in order to address customer concerns in a relevant way. And I decided to help change that.
If your company needs help creating more compelling narratives, crafting better stories and developing copy that resonates with your audience on a deeper, more authentic, level I can help you do that.
What I Specialize In:
- Visual Storytelling Strategy
- Video and Photography Narratives
- Copywriting and Editing
What I Create:
- Narrative and Copy That Informs
- Images and Articles People Share
- Papers and Reports People Demand
I’ll Lend You My Expertise In:
- Marketing Strategy
- Data Analysis
- USDA Regulations
- Food Safety + Compliance Laws
- Animal Butchery
Other Cool Things I Can Do:
- Dig through your data to help you better understand what your audiences want from your content.
- Conduct non-linear research that helps you craft words and create images that meet audiences where they are and delights them in unexpected ways.
- Help you lay the foundation for creating story-driven strategies that will have long-lasting results.
You’ll be surprised at what the right words and imagery can do when it comes to getting people’s attention. You’ll also be surprised how the right words can skyrocket key metrics and KPIs. Ready to collaborate and create? Let’s talk.